Monday, July 3, 2017

Taos...Kind of

So the "plan" for Day 2 was to spend the night in Taos, NM, and the next day visit the Taos Pueblo, a Native American village that has been inhabited for over 1000 years by the same people group.

We headed out of town toward the Pueblo. We arrived...only to find signs saying "Pueblo CLOSED". When we were able to stop and ask a young man directing traffic when it might re-open, he told us it was closed through Wednesday for a funeral. We were disappointed, but obviously, we understood why. Another time!

So as we headed out of town, we decided to stop at the Rio Grande Gorge Bridge. A similar, and smaller, version of the Royal Gorge Bridge, it did was beautiful! Now I will admit--I made the poor decision to attempt to walk across the pedestrian part of the bridge...only to find myself light headed and sweaty-palmed. I snapped the pic I wanted and headed back to the car to drive across instead. LOL. I always try to convince myself that I'm surely not as petrified of heights as I believe myself to be. But no, no I AM. It's crazy how absolutely terrified it makes me. But I digress...




We made the trip the rest of the way into Colorado, where we will spend a few days. We stopped at Garden of the Gods first. We haven't been here in almost 16 years! It's still just as breathtaking as before! Even our little dog Zoe enjoyed the hike around!





This is what my family does while I stay on the ground with the dog and take pics!



Jacob obliged me with reenacting a photo from the last time we were here...when he was only 15 months old! I will post the photos side by side once we are home--that was pre-Facebook and blogging so it's in a hard cover photo album!


When you're 5 and decide you've had enough walking for the time being, it helps to have a big brother who will humor you with a piggy back ride!


And of course, I couldn't possibly leave out the latest "planking" pics...apparently it's beginning to catch on! LOL


We've settled in to our hotel for some rest. Tomorrow WE MEET OUR NEW NIECE and see my little brother and family!!!!! By far, this will be my favorite part of the trip and give me my baby fix! ;)

Have a safe holiday, y'all!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment