Friday, July 7, 2017

Day 4, Pike's Peak!

We headed out today to the Colorado Springs area. We decided to check out Seven Falls and then make the drive up to the top of Pike's Peak!

Seven Falls is...wait for it...a series of SEVEN waterfalls that flow one into the other. Once you get to the area, you park and take a shuttle 8 min away to where the falls are located. THEN you get to hike about 1 1/2 miles to the falls themselves. You can see the falls from the bottom, or walk up/take the elevator to the "Eagle's Nest" to view them up higher, OR if you're really gutsy, you can climb the 250+ steps to the top to check out the view from there! We decided to do all three! LOL

I was SO proud of my girls!! They weren't excited for the entire hike up, but they were great for most of it! Once at the top there are trails you can hike and we chose the shorter one for the girls sake. Jacob wasn't feeling so great so he hiked back down before we went off on the trail, but otherwise, every single one of us made it--even Zoe!!

Views of the walk up to the falls...



A family pic from the Eagle's Nest and view of the falls from the same location:


Kiddos mid-hike above the falls:


And the view looking down...can you spy the stairs going up?? YIKES!

After Seven Falls, we headed over to Pike's Peak. We considered taking the Cog Train to the top, but it takes an hour and a half and there's no pulling over to stop if you feel ill AND it's quite a bit more expensive than just driving ourselves to the top. So we opted for door #2 and drove to the top! Thankfully, my SUV survived. LOL

My brave girls!

Selfie with "Mom trying not to freak out". LOL (And this is only part way up the mountain!!)

Yep. Those are the boys and Sean up there...

See? A closer view. They are nuts!!

I may or may not have had somewhat of a panic attack from my fear of heights, which may or may not have led to a grip so tight on my seat that my hand cramped up and I had to massage it to get it to relax...but hey, once in a lifetime, right? RIGHT?! My hubby and younger boys ventured into the land of crazy-trying-to-give-mom-a-heart-attack mode and climbed rocks and ledges that were INSANE. So those pics are all theirs. I wasn't havin any of that!

A pic of Sean & Caed taken by a stranger...bc Mom would've panicked too much to take it!

And of course, Sean's planking continues...some with the boys, some on his own with his crazy self! He's lucky I saw the pics AFTER they'd done it!

My hubby has a death-wish I swear!!

For Day 5, we will head out to Winter Park!

0 comments:

Post a Comment