Friday, July 7, 2017

Independence Day! Travel Adventures Day 3

Today we slept in, did some laundry and just relaxed a bit before heading to my brother's house for July 4th. It was so nice to be able to spend this holiday with at least one of my brothers. This was always the holiday growing up that we spent with Daddy. We haven't been together for July 4th in years, so it meant a lot that this worked out!

My little brother lives up in the mountains in Colorado and this was the first time we'd been able to make it to his home since he moved here 3 years ago. It is absolutely breathtaking. Words just don't do it justice.

We all got to meet our new niece/cousin and spend time catching up. We built a campfire, played some corn hole and just took it easy. There is a burn ban where my brother lives, so shooting off our own fireworks was not an option. After discussing it with all the kiddos, we opted to just stay put and skip the 30-45 min drive to find a fireworks show. It was the first time in my life I didn't watch fireworks on the 4th (although we did catch quite a lot of them on the drive back to our hotel for the night)!




Baby Selfie!! Oh how I LOVE this little punkin!

Ave has a special bond with all of her Aunts so far--and Aunt Nicole fits right in!

Tomorrow we tackle Pike's Peak!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment