Sunday, January 15, 2017

BB40: Week 1

Well, so far, so good! Week 1 wasn't as brutal as I expected it to be. However, I must admit that I am starting slow. Every other time I've attempted to "get in shape" I've jumped in feet first and injured myself. LOL.

This time, I want to produce results that will last. In order to do so, I need to know what my body is capable of and what it's not. Right now, I have no "core". As in, none. Any tummy muscles I once had have long gone the way of the wind...back to before my first born came along, nearly 17 years ago! If I were to just begin working out the way I'd like, I would again injure myself, and be stuck in a state of recovery for days if not weeks. No thank you. Cardio? No problem. Weights and lifting? Not so much. So I've started out with simple arm, leg, and stomach exercises that are more resistance than weight related. I managed to make time for that 4 times this week! That's 4 more times than last week, so I call that progress. My ultimate goal is 6 days a week. Even though I only formally started this last week, I have been making changes since just before the beginning of the year on my eating. I can PROUDLY say I am down 2 pounds from last week!! That's 2 more pounds of me I never plan to see again!

More importantly, I spent time in the Word every. single. day this week. Prior to this week, my average was 3-4 days a week. Not bad, but not daily, so not where I wanted to be. This time it is my TOP priority because from that, the rest of my day flows. If I am rooted in the Word of God, my mindset is where it needs to be, I am more focused, more patient, and more intentional about all the other aspects of my daily life. It is THE single most important thing I can do...for myself, for my family, for everyone I encounter and every goal I set forth to achieve.

I have made a list of the projects I want to finish and put them in order. This next week I will start on the first one. I have been looking into my War Room--and still haven't settled on a location that I am happy with, so that area still needs some focus. I plan to determine a final spot this next week.

As for ridding my life of unwanted junk (Purge), I managed to work on my room some this week. A small table and my nightstand and dresser top were my focus. I started a sell/give away pile, threw some stuff out, and organized the things I am keeping. Slow and steady will win this race...I have a lot of...stuff. Less is more and I intend on having much MUCH less when I am done!

Finally, I have the opportunity to really put some of my deepest passions to work! I have a couple of different avenues I am praying over and I cannot wait to see where the Lord leads in this area. I am humbled that there might be a way for Him to use me to touch the lives of others. I look forward to sharing more details with you as they become more apparent to me!

 All in all, I am happy with how this last week has gone. I have felt a LOT more intentional in how I spent my time and my energy, and I feel my walk with the Lord getting stronger by the day. I was struggling to make some decisions this last week and for the first time in quite a while, I felt clear, concise direction from the Lord. I love when He is clear--even when I don't necessarily like His response.  ;)

I plan to post weekly on how I am doing on these goals, as much for my own accountability as for maybe a little bit of encouragement for someone else. My prayer is that you are encouraged to walk closer with Jesus, take care of yourself better, and only give your time and energy to those things you truly hold dear.

Blessings,

0 comments:

Post a Comment