Monday, September 9, 2013

Homemade Taco Seasoning

I've been waiting to share this recipe for months now. As I've said before, I only want to pass along recipes, routines, and ideas that I've personally tried and found to be better than the norm. This recipe is simply amazing. My husband noticed immediately the first time I used it and absolutely loved it. My kids didn't notice specifically what had changed, but ALL of them commented on how good dinner was that night. I think that alone makes this praiseworthy! LOL

This recipe makes enough seasoning for 1 POUND of meat. If you were to make it in multiple so as to have it on hand, it will take either a little more measuring (to figure out how much to pull out of a bulk batch for each time) OR you could put it in individual baggies to store for later use. Personally, since it only takes a few minutes to make, I just make it while the hamburger/ground turkey browns. As I usually buy my ground turkey in bulk, I most often brown all of it at once, doubling or tripling the seasoning recipe and then saving the leftover taco meat, freezing it for later use. It's a great, easy way to have some on hand for a quick meal in the future!


Homemade Taco Seasoning:

1 T. chili powder
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/4 t. onion powder
1/4 t/ crushed red pepper
1/4 t. dried oregano
1/2 t. paprika
1 1/2 t. ground cumin
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper

Mix together well. Add to already browned meat. Then add 1/3 c of water, stir, and let simmer for a few minutes! Super easy.

We have found this to be a truly yummy recipe, one that is not too spicy and not too bland. Plus, it has no preservatives or other additives--just seasoning, just good for you! I hope you love it as much as we do!

Enjoy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment